Monday, November 7, 2011

Day one: The beginning

Hello blogworld!
Hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday!
Today is officially day ONE.

My friend Emily had the day off today is super motivating right now, as she just finished her BCRPA Fitness Theory course, so I drove down to spend the day with her. We walked Banjo around the lake in the rain. It was nice to catch up and talk about positive things especially on such a gloomy day. We then went out for a little retail motivational therapy and I got myself some nice workout pants from Old Navy.

I made the drive home and started a nice little fire for Banjo and I. I was feeling like I cheated on my cardio today so I decided to hit up the community centre for a quick workout. I did a HIIT workout on the treadmill, although 4.0 was too intense for me so I knocked it down to 3.6 and found myself hunching over. I probably looked like a crazy woman.

I also worked my triceps and chest. Since I am brand new to strength training I am starting this first week with only one set of 15 reps. Just to test out how my muscles feel. Next week Ill bump it up to 2 sets and use a little more weight. 

After my workout I sat in the hot tub for 10 minutes and the sauna for 10 minutes. It was so relaxing.

I came home and ate dinner, and made some overnight oats for tomorrow. I am pretty excited to try them for the first time. I got the idea from a blog I frequently read. I don't really like eating egg whites so I am excited to have another way of getting protein in the morning.

Today my meals consisted of:

Breakfast: Egg white omelet with fresh bell peppers and spinach, and a slice of 12 grain bread toasted with almond butter. Also cold coffee with 1/2 tsp of organic sugar.

Mid morning: Raspberry banana smoothie blended with flax seed oil and no fat yogurt.

Lunch: Protein shake with oats, almond milk and a banana

Dinner: Chicken and black bean wrap with bell peppers,1 tsp of cheese and a teensy bit of sour cream mixed in with fresh homemade salsa.

Because I'm a late night snacker, I made a salad with spring mix and spinach, bell peppers and roasted pumpkin seeds. Also a honey mustard dressing. Can't wait!

I took some measurements so I can get a nice accurate idea of how much my body changes;
bust- 36 inches
hips- 38 inches
waist- 30 inches
weight- 135lbs

And here is a photo of me on day one!



Now I am going to go over my workout plan for Wednesday as tomorrow is a cardio day. Sweet dreams!

Hasta MaNana!

No comments:

Post a Comment